MN2 is a Motor Neuron in Hermissenda
- soma size 40-50 microns
- situated immediately caudal to where nerveP2 exits the ganglion
- axon in nerve p2
- resting potential about -45mV
- action potentials about 75mv
- large(10mV) periodic fluctuations in membrane potential were common, causing single or doublet action potentials in phase with bursting on nerve p2.
- largest unit on nerve p2
- decreased firing in response to illumination
- depolarization causes bending of body on ipsilateral side.
- Richards WG, Farley J. Motor correlates of phototaxis and associative learning in Hermissenda crassicornis. Brain Res Bull. 1987 Aug;19(2):175-89. PubMed ID: 3664278.