MN1 is a motor neuron in the pedal ganglion of Hermissenda
- soma size 60 microns
- located on the medial edge of the Pedal2 neuron
- axon in ipsilateral nerve 1
- resting potential -55- -60mV after 10min of dark adaptation
- fires about 1.7Hz
- action potentials 70-90mv
- Large (~10 mV) IPSPs were typically recorded in darkness at a frequency of ~1 Hz.
- Depolarized in response to illumination
- depolarization causes bending of body on ipsilateral side.
- Y. Goh and D. L. Alkon. Sensory, interneuronal, and motor interactions within Hermissenda visual pathway. J.Neurophysiol. 52 (1):156-169, 1984.